Friday, December 2, 2011

Presentations Day 1

Madeleine: I like the connection you made between Prospero and Kinbote. I'd like to see more of a connection between Kinbote's relationships with the other characters and Prospero's relationships with the other characters.

Michael: I like your idea of the window chess board, and Nabokov on one side and us on the other. I think it would be interesting to consider Kinbote on one side of the glass and Shade on the other. Shade knows the details of his own life and the poem, as well as the details of Kinbote's life that he has chosen to share with Shade. Kinbote, on the other hand, knows only his own life and pretends to understand Shade when really he doesn't.

Breanna: I still can't get the image of the reversing spiral out of my head. It sounds like your paper focuses primarily on other things, but I think there could potentially be a lot to this image - the circular pattern, the reversal, every point on the spiral leading both to and away from the center (including the center itself).

Sarah: When I read your abstract I told you it would be too much, but now I have to eat my words. Nice work fitting everything in!

No comments:

Post a Comment