Monday, December 12, 2011

Final Bubble Chart


On Thursday night I decided to change my paper to a bubble diagram of all the connections found in Pale Fire and The Erlking (first picture). I made several rough drafts of the diagram, each time having to completely redo it after finding more and more connections. Eventually I realized that everything is connected, and that there should be a line connecting every single bubble to every single other bubble, so I created a second level to the chart (second picture). I connected all the words in a crossword (word puzzle) and connected it to a mirror-image of itself on the other half of the poster. It is not an exact mirror reflection (imperfection is key): the words are written backwards but the letters are not, a la Hazel Shade. These letters are also written in red and green, two colors important to Pale Fire and The Erlking. The connecting lines in both bubble charts are the color of fire, while the bubbles themselves are the color of charcoal, an important symbol for the alder tree. Around the corners of each chart are the words 'Pale Fire' written in silver, the color the moon steals from the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment